Six Philadelphia Cultural Institutions Honor Hospital Workers with Free Admission Days
Museums offer free admission to healthcare heroes during National Hospital Week
Philadelphia, PA (April 30, 2021) — In honor of National Hospital Week, the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, the Barnes Foundation, Eastern State Penitentiary, the Franklin Institute, the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA), and the Philadelphia Museum of Art jointly announce Free Admission Days for Hospital Workers.
The joint initiative honors the service and dedication of hospital workers throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. In appreciation of their critical, ongoing work to keep our communities safe and healthy, hospital workers and their families are invited to visit some of Philadelphia’s top cultural institutions, free of charge. Redemption dates and booking instructions vary by institution; see below for details.
According to the American Hospital Association, National Hospital Week is “an opportunity to highlight our hospitals, health systems and health care workers and the innovative ways they are supporting the needs of their community members, especially during this pandemic.”
The cultural institutions will continue to enforce vigilant health and safety protocols, with the well-being and safety of staff and visitors as the utmost priority. Comprehensive health and safety protocols are posted on each institution’s website.
Promotional details are listed below:
- The Franklin Institute–Wednesday, May 5–Sunday, May 16
- Offer: Free general admission for hospital workers and up to three guests from May 5 through May 16, presented in partnership with T-Mobile.
- To redeem: Reservations are required at www.fi.edu; please present hospital ID at entry.
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University–Thursday–Sunday, May 6–9 and May 13–16
- Offer: Free general admission for hospital workers and up to three guests
- To redeem: Timed admission is required. To register, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/137309517463 Must present work ID at the door.
- Eastern State Penitentiary–Wednesday, May 12
- Offer: Free admission for hospital workers plus one guest
- To redeem: Show hospital ID for entry. No advance reservations required.
- The Barnes Foundation–Thursday, May 13, 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- The Barnes Foundation will be open exclusively for hospital workers on Thursday, May 13, noon to 7:00 p.m., and will not be otherwise open to the public.
- Offer: Free general admission for hospital workers plus one guest
- To redeem: Reservations are required by calling 215-278-7200.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art and Rodin Museum–Friday, May 14–Monday, May 17
- Offer: Free general admission for hospital worker plus four guests
- To redeem: Walk up; based on availability; please present hospital ID.
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts–Thursday, May 20–Sunday, May 23
- Offer: Free general admission for hospital workers and their guests
- To redeem: Reservations are required by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joint Statement from Cultural Leaders:
“We are so grateful to the healthcare heroes who have worked—and continue to work—tirelessly on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic, risking their lives to help others. We thank and honor them the best way we know how: offering up our galleries and exhibits as a respite from the stress and anxiety of this harrowing year. We hope that our institutions will provide a sense of rejuvenation to our region’s dedicated hospital workers as they continue their critical work throughout this global health crisis.”
Scott Cooper, President and CEO, Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
Thom Collins, Neubauer Family Executive Director and President, Barnes Foundation
Sara Jane (Sally) Elk, President and CEO, Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site
Larry Dubinski, President and CEO, The Franklin Institute
Brooke Davis Anderson, Edna S. Tuttleman Director of the Museum, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
Timothy Rub, George D. Widener, Director and CEO, Philadelphia Museum of Art
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University:
Carolyn Belardo, Director of Public Relations
The Barnes Foundation:
Deirdre Maher, Director of Communications
Eastern State Penitentiary:
Nicole Frankhouser, Director of Marketing and Communications
215.236.5111 x219, email@example.com
The Franklin Institute:
Stefanie Santo, Director of Media Relations and Communications
Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
Ryan Burton-Romero, Senior Vice President for Enrollment Management & Strategic Communication
Philadelphia Museum of Art:
Norman Keyes, Director of Communications